FERTILITY

Calgary, AB, Canada
Shortly after my appointment with my oncologist about my chemo treatments, I had a few questions. I wasn't sure if I wanted to take all the drugs that they're going to inject me in. There were a few side effects that can be permanent after treatment. One of them is infertility, I called her because I was confused to why she didn't mention it at the appointment. This is definitely something that I need to consider. She didn't mention it at the appointment because she doesn't think it should be a priority especially when I need to do chemo as soon as possible and it shouldn't be postponed any longer. She still gave me reference to a fertility centre.

I was scheduled at the fertility centre on February 2nd. The procedure will take about 2-3 weeks to get my eggs out. Unfortunately, that will prevent me to start chemo in less than 2 weeks. She recommend me not to especially that I'm young, I should have enough eggs and won't be infertile after chemo. She said she only recommends this to 30+ year old women. The cost too was very expensive, it would be about 10 000$ to freeze my eggs. wtf? no cancer discounts? She also mentioned the drugs that I will be getting from chemo does not have high risk of infertility. That definitely made me feel at ease.


The Dr definitely convinced me not to do it. I wish my boyfriend was with me at that time and would love to hear his opinion especially that we want to start a family next year. I'm not sure if I made the right decision.

I just need to focus on healing right now and deal with it in the future... I'm just going to trust God and hope for the best. I will be coming back after treatment and see if I still have eggs that are not damaged. Adding another prayer to the list... 

1 comment

  1. In our simple life, love plays a very specific role. Now we are able to make your love life healthy and no space for any type of trouble. These all are possible with the help of EKPEN TEMPLE OF SOLUTION. He helped me cast a spell that brought my long lost lover back within 48hours who left me for another woman. You can also contact him on EKPENTEMPLE@GMAIL.COM or add him on WHATSAPP +2347050270218 and be happy forever like am now with his experience.

    ReplyDelete

© TRVLBEAUTY. Design by Fearne.